Guided Dental Implant Surgery in Charleston SC
At OMSA, we know that from your initial diagnosis to your final treatment, it is modern technological advancements that make a difference. The state-of-the-art medical devices in our office, our latest technology, and our expertise in using our equipment are what allow us to better assist our patients and deliver the highest level of dental implant care.
What are guided dental implants?
Implant dentistry, replacing missing teeth with dental implants, is an important advancement in tooth replacement. Our computer-guided implant placement systems have taken this revolutionary procedure one step further. Dr. Porter, Dr. Ratliff and Dr. Doles use guided implant surgery technology to:
- Establish precise implant positioning.
- Secure the best aesthetic results.
- Reduce surgery time.
- Enable minimally invasive surgery.
How the Process Works
Computer-guided implant surgery ensures precise and accurate implant placement. We use the information gathered by our scanner to check bone and surrounding structures, ensure there is enough bone for implant placement, craft a surgical template to determine the best locations for implant placement, and watch the safety of vital structures and nerves during surgery.
The Benefits of Using a Surgical Guided
- Precision and accuracy results from pre-surgery planning.
- Reduced risk means fewer unexpected complications.
- Information and detail aid in planning implant size and positioning.
- Convenience and comfort are experienced when we use digital impressions rather than a mouthful of traditional goopy impression material.
- Optimal outcomes occur when we pinpoint the exact position of planned restorations before placing implants, so the implant is perfectly centered under the future crown.
X-Guide by X-Nav Technologies
Computer-guided dental implant surgery is a new and exciting field of dental surgery, and X-Guide is the tool that allows our surgeons to see – via a computer screen – into your mouth as they operate. X-Guide scans, navigates, and directs Drs. Porter, Ratliff or Doles to exact locations as they plan and perform surgery.
X-Guide is an interactive system that aids our dentists in improving the precision, angle, and depth of each implant placement. Our oral surgeons confidently make and use a 3D treatment plan by accessing X-Guide’s live, 360-degree view of drill position and oral anatomy. This cutting-edge technology assists in our achieving consistent and desirable results, as it provides our dentists with one dynamic focus point: the screen.
Our goal is to do everything within our power to help you live your life to the fullest, so we make it our mission to provide you with the most advanced care possible. The secret to a better life is excellent oral health because better oral health means better overall health. We make sure to harness every technology available to offer the best oral care possible to our patients.